Website Gulfstream Aerospace
Let your career take flight!
Studio Interior Designer in GAC Savannah
Excellent communication, time management, multi-tasking, color theory skills.
Education and experience requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree Interior Design or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 3 years aircraft interior experience or related field preferred.
Produce flexible, comprehensive, multimedia designs for GAC customers and prospective clients with minimal supervision. Work directly with customers to capture design requirements and execute concepts that facilitate on time definition. Specify all interior components ensuring all FAA and GAC contractual guidelines are met.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Communicate with chairmen/CEOs of Fortune 500 companies and high-net-worth individuals to meet business objectives.
- Represent the GAC brand with professionalism and instill confidence within the customer.
- Support the principal designer to communicate comprehensive and detailed concepts that effectively satisfy client requirements throughout the sales and design definition process and delivery.
- Request and maintain status of production of design drawings, material selections and concepts, and product development to GAC’s engineering and production departments in a timely manner for completion of contracts to ensure that delivery schedules are met with accuracy.
- Must be willing to travel extensively worldwide and at times on short notice.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients, operations and engineering management, internal shops, and vendors, to keep clear lines of communication and execute on the client’s expectations.
- Work collaboratively with customer completions to produce, maintain, and archive the specification and design package with no supervision.
- Exhibits knowledge and confidence in design trends and global cultural influences.
- Provide design support throughout the entire completion process to ensure design quality and fidelity of design execution.
- Maintain current knowledge of all FAA regulations related to aircraft interiors.
- Execute material finish schedule and other internal documents required for accurate definition.
- Assist in maintaining design libraries and showrooms.
- Concept development of client presentations.
- Provide guidance to associate designers.
- Troubleshoot design related issues with clients and internal departments.
- Provide input to design budget for each account.
- Attend internal and external design reviews.
- Review all documents for accuracy prior to release.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency of design principles, color theory, and textile and leather production techniques required.
- Knowledge of FAA regulations relating to interior finish requirements preferred.
- Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Foreign language proficiency preferred.
Requisition number: 210835
Posting type: Internal-external
Department: J0498-Interior Design-SAV
Percentage of travel: Up to 25%
Employment type: Full-time
Salary grade: E5
Number of openings: 4
Posting end date: 05/09/2023
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
To apply for this job please visit careers.gulfstream.com.