Safety is paramount to Global Jet’s values. With a 20-year legacy of responsible business and well-known reputation regarding safety and security, its dedicated teams are taking all necessary actions to guarantee the utmost safety in all flight operations.
In view of the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the company has been taking strict precautions to protect their passengers, crew and employees, while continuing their activity dedicated to customers. Global Jet is enforcing additional safety and hygienic measures to the ones already published by aviation regulations in order to safeguard the safety of all passengers and crew at all time and any destination.
The company has been monitoring and acclimatising to the outbreak since the first identified cases late 2019. A number of restrictions has been imposed by several countries and new information continue to emerge. Their teams are working 24/7 with experts and authorities to update all standards as the situation evolves.
- Aircraft – each aircraft is equipped with masks for adults & children, gloves, hydroalcoholic gels, Bacoban disinfectant, UPK (Universal Precaution Kit), thermometer and sterilised charger for phones (i.e Lexon Oblio).
- Crew – all crew are well traced and checked for signs on a regular basis. They have been all trained to apply, before and after each flight, sanitation and disinfection sprays as per very strict procedures established with Medaire physicians and in accordance with the EASA regulations. All client greetings have been reviewed according to the new regulations and crew will wear masks and gloves as allowed and required. The service and social distancing on board has been adapted to respect all new hygiene standards while maintaining a high-end service in order to meet clients wishes.
- Bacoban – “Bacoban is a patented surface disinfectant which is proven to kill pathogens for up to 10 days after application. Bacoban uses a semi-permanent nanoscale layer which contains anti-pathogen agents. These are slowly released while the layer is in place. This helps close the “hygiene gap,” preventing these germs from regenerating. Bacoban is VAH-listed and CE certified as a class 2A medical device.”
- UPK (Universal Precaution Kit) – MedAire’s UPK is an add-on kit for any MedAire medical kit, to equip crew members and passengers with the necessary equipment to protect themselves from exposure to communicable diseases. The UPK contains:
- A gown with long sleeves and aprons to enhance protection from potential spillage
- Hand sanitiser for when standard hand washing facilities are not available
- Booties (shoe covers) protect from contact with infected material responders might have stepped over
- Surgical face masks with protective visor to cover the eyes
- Non-permeable gloves protect hands from contact with infected materials
- Items to aide in clean-up of bodily fluids such as an absorbent pad, liquid solidifier, scoop/scraper, odour eliminator, and disinfectant wipes
- Biohazard bag to dispose of waste and used protective gear
- Instructions on how to properly don, remove, and dispose of personal protection equipment
- Soft-sided for easy storage
- Assembled under strict ISO 9001 quality assurance standards
- Catering – New safety and hygiene procedures have been requested and implemented with each partner. This includes control process, storage, food handling, personal hygiene and delivery. Every step and process have been reviewed to ensure a strict minimum contact procedure. Global Jet is ensuring all its catering partners respect these strict and new hygienic procedures. Newspaper and Magazines have been replaced by electronic ones, and flowers and fruits are no longer displayed in the cabin.