The Wide-body Interior Installer will install and refurbish aircraft cabinets, card tables, side panels, glare shields and other interior fixtures per work order or customer request.
In your role, you will:
- Remove cabinets, panels, interiors and carpeting from the aircraft interior to refurbish
- Disassemble, assemble and install cabinets, interior panels and trim in all areas of the interior including build-up and installation of new aircraft cabinets and interior components while working from specifications or oral and written instructions
- Assist with aircraft cabinet and upholstery construction, modification and repair
- Mix paint and stain and apply to cabinets and related fixtures located in aircraft interior
- Access and re-install aircraft components, which obstruct the performance of assigned tasks
- Assist in performing time interval inspections
- Clean aircraft using approved materials, methods and equipment
- Work on aircraft as well as in shops
- Assist technicians in the operation of ground support equipment (GSE)
- Document work performed
- Perform interior-related functions in accordance with applicable technical data and FAA/JAA regulations
- May perform Designated Inspector (DI) function as qualified by QA
- Assist other employees in the performance of their duties within area(s) of qualification
- Adhere to general work requirements. E.g. dress code, safety procedures, work assignment clocking, etc.
- Perform preliminary visual inspection for damage and deficiencies and verify correct parts and part numbers
- Inspect completed work to ensure installation of correct parts, no foreign object debris (FOD), identify any potential hazard to aircraft operation
- Disassemble, trim, upholster, re-assemble and install interior panels, interior fixtures, seats and carpet
- Assist with minor or major interior-related FTs
- Fillet/fay seal as required to engineering specifications
- Perform other duties assigned by management within area(s) of qualification
As our ideal candidate,
- You typically have at least one year experience in fabricating and installing cabinets and upholstery
- You have the ability to read and interpret engineering documents and maintenance manuals
- You have the ability to obtain and renew required certifications
- You have the ability to use and interpret a variety of precision measurement instruments
- You have the ability to operate routers, table saw, time saver sander, planner, and spindle sander
- You have basic knowledge of material lay-out from patterns
- You have basic knowledge of applicable FAA/JAA regulations
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, national or local laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.