Located at Bradley International Airport, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Hartford service centre offers a great place to learn. Established in February 1981 as a 70,000ft² (6,503m²) facility with a staff of 16, the facility now boasts 198,000ft² (18,395m²) and more than 235 dedicated employees. It is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations and AOG support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The service centre has received certifications from the FAA, EASA, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands and Mexico. The facility has received 16 consecutive FAA Diamond Awards and is actively involved in the Hartford community, spearheading programmes to create awareness about aviation maintenance among local students and to help close the gender gap in the industry.
The Lead A&P Technician, in a working capacity and in conjunction with the supervisor, oversees daily activities for an assigned functional area of Bombardier Business Aircraft Services (i.e., Quality, Maintenance/Operations, Line Maintenance, Interiors, Exterior Finish, Building Maintenance, Open/Close, etc.). Specific group leader responsibilities may vary based upon assigned area.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to Bombardier’s general work requirements (factory, shop and/or hangar positions.
- Comply with environmental/health/safety policies and procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform all work in a safe and timely manner.
- Coordinate workload, overtime and job assignments for team members in assigned functional area.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to assigned employees to promote acquisition of technical proficiency and troubleshoot problems for assigned area(s).
- Monitor day-to-day activities for assigned area and report issues and risks to immediate supervisor.
- Provide verbal and written turnover reports indicating status of work progress.
- Oversee employee activities and document as required using standard operating procedures (SOP), aircraft maintenance manuals (AMMs), sheet metal repair manuals (SRMs), service bulletin (SBs), scripts and tally books.
- Assist in establishing a training plan for assigned area.
- May provide input to supervisor with regards to disciplinary actions.
As our ideal candidate:
- You would typically have a minimum of five years’ aircraft maintenance experience or substantiated equivalent experience in functional area.
- You would typically have a minimum of three years’ aircraft maintenance experience or substantiated equivalent experience in functional area with typically a minimum of two years leadership/supervisory experience (aircraft maintenance preferred).
- You would typically have a minimum of one year of corporate aircraft experience.
- You would exhibit effective leadership skills.
- You would have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- You would have an A&P certification.
- You would have the ability to train employees in the performance of duties within area of specialisation.
- You would demonstrate the planning/organizational and time management skills necessary to prioritize, assign and coordinate the workload of team members within a multiple project setting.
- You would have the interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with assigned employees, other business areas, contractors and customers.
- You would have basic PC skills.
Additional desired/preferred qualifications:
- You would typically have a minimum of one year of Bombardier aircraft model experience.
- You have the ability to forecast and provide job estimates.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You have the ability to type (approximately 35 wpm).
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status or any other personal characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
To apply for this job please visit bombardier.taleo.net.