Located at Bradley International Airport, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Hartford service centre was established in February 1981 as a 70,000ft² facility with a staff of 16. The facility now boasts 198,000ft² and more than 250 dedicated employees. It is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations and AOG support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The service centre has received certifications from the FAA, EASA, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands and Mexico. The facility has received 16 consecutive FAA Diamond Awards and is actively involved in the Hartford community, spearheading programmes to create awareness about aviation maintenance among local students and to help close the gender gap in the industry.
In your role, you will:
Travel to customers’ aircraft to perform troubleshooting, repairs, inspection, modification and services of customers’ aircraft, electrical and electronic equipment. You will perform and document all work completed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required. You will also be required to assist the Tech UMT A&P where applicable. Working conditions include considerable travel, which may include international and extended assignments, with frequent face to face contact with customers. Additional work on drop-ins and planned maintenance within the facility during slow periods of unplanned maintenance may be required.
- Adhere to Bombardier’s general work requirements (factory, shop and/or hangar positions).
- Comply with environmental health/safety policies and procedures. Participate in 5-S activities. Perform all assigned tasks in a safe and timely manner.
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft.
- Perform and document work completed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required.
- Inspect incoming parts and documentation to meet regulatory requirements.
- Assist in other maintenance disciplines – airframe, powerplant, structures, composites, etc.
- Operate ground support equipment as required.
- Conduct mechanical/electrical removals and installations.
- Create service orders with SAP.
- Provide time estimates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Create service orders with SAP.
- Return aircraft to service after maintenance at off-site locations.
- Act as shipping and receiving agent for parts.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have completed an avionics/electric A/C technical school or other substantiated equivalent.
- You would typically have a minimum of three years’ aircraft maintenance work experience or substantiated equivalent experience.
- You would typically have a minimum of two years’ experience on corporate jet aircraft.
- You would typically have a minimum of one year of experience on Bombardier business aircraft.
- You have an A certification, P certification, A&P certification.
- You have the ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings.
- You have the ability to effectively and accurately communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and/or aircraft status with customers at all levels.
- You own a basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate inventory and control of tools.
- You must be able to work unscheduled overtime including non-scheduled workdays and holidays.
- You must be able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside.
- You must have the ability to be available for considerable travel with two hours’ notice, to include extended assignments lasting up to 30 days.
- You have the interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with assigned employees, other business areas, contractors and customers.
- You must have a valid drivers’ license and be able to maintain insurable status.
- You have the ability to work unsupervised and alone.
- You have strong troubleshooting skills.
- You have the ability to obtain appropriate ground support equipment qualifications as required.
- You possess a valid passport with the ability to travel internationally.
- You have the ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge.
- You have the ability to obtain a Bombardier corporate credit card and stay good in standing of guideline requirements.
- You have basic PC skills.
Additional desired/preferred qualifications
- You have Bombardier aircraft model experience.
- You have an FCC certificate, General Radiotelephone Operator License (GROL) or Aircraft Electronics Technician (AET) certificate.
- You have previous experience in customer relations with emphasis on face to face contact.
- You have the ability to train other employees.
- You have strong planning/organization skills.
- You are Delegated Inspector eligible.
- You have experience with aircraft return-to-service and inspection procedure.
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
To apply for this job please visit bombardier.taleo.net.