The Quality Supervisor is responsible for leading and supervising quality functions to ensure aircraft maintenance, service and repair activities for assigned site(s) conform and are in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements as prescribed in Title 14 of the Code of Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) and/or foreign CAA regulatory requirements for which the repair station is appropriately rated. The Quality Supervisor will administer and implement quality and record-keeping standards, practices, policies and procedures. They will also supervise the training and deployment of standard practices and monitoring quality consistency throughout assigned site(s), as well as support the Quality Manager or accountable manager in assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Perform supervisory responsibilities for assigned employees and area(s), for example, performance review and feedback, opportunities for professional development and growth, and personnel decisions concerning hire, fire, disciplinary issues and salary adjustments.
- Lead, direct and coach aircraft inspectors in performing aircraft heavy maintenance, line maintenance and repair and overhaul quality control and inspection activities.
- Assign inspectors in the areas of aircraft, parts and NDT inspection based upon skill, experience and qualification of individual team members.
- Perform verbal and written tie-in/turnover indicating status of work progress.
- Provide inspector training and certification to include classroom training, OJT, testing and return-to-service authorisation letters.
- Develop, administer and maintain the written practice procedure for the qualification and certification of non-destructive testing personnel including serving as certifying authority.
- Review and resolve controversial and/or circumstantial write-ups including presentation to higher authority.
- Oversee periodic audits of aircraft records and logs to ensure compliance with applicable FARs.
- Oversee records filing system for each aircraft, for example, aircraft flight log, airframe log book, engine log book, component records, delivery records, certificate of airworthiness, airworthiness directives and radio license.
- Serve as a point of contact for customers (including the FAA as applicable) concerning maintenance operations, for example, compliance, conformance issues and overall relationship.
- Review, develop and implement recommendations for aircraft maintenance concerning, for example, proposed/published manufacturer’s recommendations, service bulletins and FAA airworthiness directives.
- Review, develop and implement recommendations for associated technical operations manuals, for example, minimum equipment lists (MELs), maintenance procedures and quality policy manuals.
- Assume the responsibility of and act as acting QA Manager during absence of QA Manager as required by assigned site.
- May be responsible for serving as the primary point of contact for the FAA and maintaining the overall relationship with other regulatory agencies as required by assigned site.
As our ideal candidate,
- You must have an A&P certification.
- You typically have 6+ years of experience in quality assurance within the aerospace industry, which must include 2+ years of supervisory or lead experience either in aircraft maintenance or quality.
- You have working knowledge of applicable FARs, including but not limited to, Part 21, 25, 43, 65, 91, 121, 135 and 145.
- You have the interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with customers, regulatory agencies and representatives, suppliers and all levels of the management team and other departments and sites throughout Bombardier Aerospace.
- You have working knowledge of computer skills including but not limited to SAP, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint).
- You demonstrate the leadership to train employees in the performance of duties in area of specialisation.
- You have the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and organize effectively.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, national or local laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
To apply for this job please visit bombardier.taleo.net.