Bombardier currently has an exciting opportunity available for a Summer Intern – BFTC IT Tools based in Wichita, Kansas. You will be part of the Product Development Engineering team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry into service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- Partner with development team to design, develop, implement and support web-based applications and tools
- Follow approved lifecycle methodologies
- Create design documents and perform program coding and testing
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research and investigation
- Be familiar with IT concepts, practices and procedures as they relate to the software engineering environment for design, development and testing of software to support data collection and processing
As our ideal candidate,
- You must be working towards BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related field
- You have 0-2 years of experience in software engineering
- You have basic knowledge of software change management, including versioning systems (e.g. CVS, Clearcase)
- You have basic knowledge of an operating system environment (e.g. Unix, Linux, Tomcat, WebSphere)
- You have basic knowledge of relational databases
- You have the basic problem-solving skills necessary to troubleshoot application problems and design issues
- You have the planning and organizational skills necessary to troubleshoot application problems and design issues
- You have interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other business areas and vendors
- You have good verbal and written communications skills
Job type: part-time, temporary
Please note, Visa sponsorship, relocation or housing assistance is not available for this position.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, national or local laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Post until: 01/02/2019