Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Wichita service centre is located at the original Learjet manufacturing site. The facility is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, as well as interior modifications, avionics installations, paint and provide AOG support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The facility added 38,000ft² (3,530m²) of hangar space in 2015, bringing its total square footage to 113,000ft² (10,498m²) and enabling the facility to service more aircraft, including Global aircraft. In 2018, the Wichita service centre became home to one of two of Bombardier’s Mobile Response Team maintenance control centres, working in conjunction with Bombardier’s customer response centre, which operates 24/7 to streamline customer requests and optimise maintenance support. The service centre has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Aruba, Canada, Bermuda, the Cayman Islands and Mexico.
The quality inspector is responsible for ensuring all airworthiness quality requirements are performed and documented in accordance with all applicable regulations in regards to maintenance, preventative maintenance, repair and alteration of aircraft, engine and aircraft components/parts for which the repair station is rated.
In your role, you will:
- Upon aircraft arrival, obtain associated documentation, inventory and secure all aircraft documents as required.
- Perform inspections of aircraft, engines, parts and components, precision tools, equipment and other materials in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Inspect aircraft maintenance and in-process inspections for repairs and alterations performed by aircraft maintenance technicians to verify and/or approve corrective actions.
- Upon receipt, perform inspection of all new, repaired and rebuilt parts/components for evidence for physical damage, count and conformity.
- Ensure that all work packages (orders and forms) as well as records of arrival (debrief checklist) and maintenance actions performed are documented accurately and that all specialised customer forms, and Bombardier and Learjet forms (i.e., RED, RFE and SRPSA) are documented accurately.
- Research aircraft drawings and technical data (i.e., REO, EO, DCN) as required.
- Perform walkaround inspection of aircraft prior to release from maintenance when required.
- Assist customers as required.
- Perform other tasks as required.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have at least 3-4 years’ aircraft maintenance experience.
- You have at least one year of corporate/commercial jet experience.
- You have the ability to read and interpret engineering documents and maintenance manuals.
- You have the ability to read, write and understand the English language.
- You have an A&P certificate.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, national or local laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and that may be of interest to you.
To apply for this job please visit bombardier.taleo.net.