With an average of more than 300 sunny days per year, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s service center in Tucson, Arizona, is surrounded by stunning mountain ranges and desert landscapes. Celebrating over 40 years of operations in Tucson, Arizona, the service center occupies almost one million square feet of total hangar space and is the largest of Bombardier’s nine aircraft service centers. The facility services both commercial and business Bombardier aircraft. Since its inauguration in 1976, the facility has been located at Tucson International Airport, a strategic location and a key local partner. The 247,000ft² (22,947m²) Business Aircraft facility is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, customized exterior paint and AOG support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The service center has received certifications from CAAC, FAA, EASA, Argentina (military), Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Qatar and South Africa.
Bombardier has an exciting opportunity available for an interior craftsperson – installer based in Tucson. In your role, you will:
- Adhere to Bombardier general work requirements (factory, shop and/or hangar positions).
- Comply with environmental health/safety policies/procedures.
- Participate in 5-S activities.
- Perform work in a safe and timely manner.
- Fabricate, install, refurbish and modify aircraft interior equipment and furnishings.
- Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required.
- Perform mechanical/electrical removals and installations.
- Fabricate, install and refurbish aircraft interior equipment and furnishings per work order or customer request.
- Perform and document all work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required.
- Travel on international assignments if required.
- Assist with additional work on drop-ins and planned maintenance within the facility during slow periods of unplanned work as needed.
- Assist with maintenance at off-site locations as needed.
- Clean aircraft as required.
- Assist with other maintenance disciplines as needed.
As our ideal candidate,
- You typically have 0-2 years’ interiors experience (i.e. previous wood finish and soft goods experience – auto, RV, boat, etc.).
- You demonstrate mechanical aptitude.
- You demonstrate the ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings.
- You have basic PC skills.
- You demonstrate the ability to communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and/or aircraft status.
- You have experience interpreting engineering drawings.
- You demonstrate the ability to break down cabinets, remove hardware, inlay, etc.
- You demonstrate the ability to strip finish utilizing heat and scraper.
- You have experience with sanding and prepping raw veneer and hardwood for finish including touching up defects in veneer.
- You have the ability to mix, match and apply stains and paints on new veneers.
- You have knowledge on spraying polyester base coats and urethane top coats.
- You have experience with aircraft touch-up.
- You demonstrate the ability to mask and unmask components for the finish process.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, national or local laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
To apply for this job please visit bombardier.taleo.net.