The Product Line Mechanical FT will assemble and install aircraft components pertaining to mechanical aircraft systems. Install, functional test, troubleshoot, calibrate, modify and/or repair mechanical systems, aircraft flight control systems and FTs pertaining to APU.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to general work requirements. E.g. dress code, safety procedures, work assignment clocking, etc.
- Perform preliminary visual inspection for damage and deficiencies and verify correct parts and part numbers
- Inspect completed work to ensure installation of correct parts, no foreign object debris (FOD), identify any potential hazard to aircraft operation
- Assemble and install aircraft components
- Balance and install flight controls and related hardware, perform functional tests to primary and secondary flight control systems, and rework and/or repair as required
- Perform functional tests simulating ground and flight conditions on aircraft mechanical systems
- Troubleshoot and repair aircraft hydraulic-mechanical systems to the component level
- Service various aircraft systems. E.g. hydraulic systems, high-pressure air/nitrogen/oxygen
- Fillet/fay seal as required, related to assigned mechanical task
- Assist with modification to aircraft systems and airframe in accordance to engineering specifications
- Adjust electrical switches per applicable systems
- Assist other employees in the performance of their duties within area(s) of qualification
- Perform other duties assigned by management within area(s) of qualification
As our ideal candidate,
- You typically have at least three years of experience working mechanical/flight controls systems installation on an aircraft production line or an A&P license or equivalent military training in aircraft maintenance
- You have the ability to read and interpret engineering documents
- You have the ability to obtain and renew required certifications
- You have the ability to read and interpret engineering documents including functional tests procedures and system schematics
- You have the ability to use a variety of hand tools, air and portable power tools, pneumatic tools and test equipment. E.g. tensiometer, protractors, inclinometer, special test fixtures, force gauges, dial indicators, contour and fair boards, and electrical test equipment
- You have basic sheet metal skills
- You have basic knowledge of fillet/fay sealing
- You have basic knowledge of electrical systems
- You have the ability to troubleshoot mechanical/flight controls systems
- You have working knowledge of safety and operating procedures for power-on aircraft
- You have working knowledge of ground support equipment
- You have the ability to achieve sufficient technical qualifications to acquire product verification certification
- You have the ability to perform tasks in the most efficient manner to consistently meet target objectives while meeting quality and engineering requirements
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, national or local laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.