The Product Line Electrical FT will design functional test procedures, equipment and related shop aids. Perform functional tests on electrical/avionics assemblies and troubleshoot to ensure operation within engineering specifications. Modify, repair and/or calibrate electrical/avionics systems as required.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to general work requirements. E.g. dress code, safety procedures, work assignment clocking, etc.
- Perform preliminary visual inspection for damage and deficiencies and verify correct parts and part numbers
- Inspect completed work to ensure installation of correct parts, no foreign object debris (FOD), identify any potential hazard to aircraft operation
- Ensure that all components and systems are installed per configurations and applicable engineering documents in preparation for functional testing
- Prepare electrical components for functional testing by loading software per engineering
- Assist with building test harnesses for functional tests
- Verify functional test equipment, procedures, electrical components and wiring operate within engineering specifications. Troubleshoot, repair and/or calibrate avionics/electrical systems as required.
- Perform power/ground and continuity checks. E.g. ring out, point to point and point to ground
- Remove and replace avionics/electrical components and reinstall per engineering specifications as required. Modify electrical assemblies and wire harness upgrades per engineering specifications
- Fillet/fay seal as required
- Assist other employees in the performance of their duties within area(s) of qualification
As our ideal candidate,
- You typically have at least two years of experience working with avionics and/or electrical systems or two years’ electrical and/or avionics technical school with certificate or equivalent military/vendor training
- You typically have one year of electrical aircraft functional test experience – preferred
- You have the ability to read and interpret engineering documents
- You have the ability to obtain and renew required certifications
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, national or local laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.