At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
You will install, fabricate and repair wiring and electrical systems in accordance with applicable data and aircraft specifications.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to Bombardier general work requirements.
- Maintain complete and accurate records concerning the removal and installation of equipment and the work completed or performed.
- Modify and fabricate parts/wire harness and install per engineering drawings.
- Operate wire stamping machine to cut and prepare wires for use in electrical installation or assembly as required.
- Install and connect wiring and electrical equipment according to instructions, diagrams and specifications using soldering irons and a variety of crimping and other small hand tools.
- Assist and train other employees in proper techniques and procedures.
- Remove and reinstall panels and existing equipment for access to work area.
- Make repairs to existing systems using proper wires and equipment.
- Perform continuity checks.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have two years of combined electrical experience and/or vocational training/education.
- You have working knowledge of reading and interpreting aircraft blueprints, drawings, diagrams and manuals.
- You have working knowledge of aircraft avionics systems.
- You have working knowledge of wire coding system.
- You have working knowledge of aircraft systems.
- You have working knowledge of the manuals necessary to perform the job, including but not limited to the Inspection Procedures Manual, SR Maintenance Manual and Component Installation Manual, Systems Manual, Maintenance Manuals and various technical information necessary to perform the job.
- You have working knowledge of SAP system as applicable.
- You have the ability to train employees in the performance of duties in area of specialisation.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, national or local laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
To apply for this job please visit bombardier.taleo.net.