Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Wichita Service Center is located at the original Learjet manufacturing site in the Air Capital of the World. Its dedicated staff of nearly 250 is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, as well as interior modifications, avionics installations, paint and provide aircraft on ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. In April 2015, the facility expanded with an addition of 38,000ft² (3,530m²) of hangar space, bringing its total footprint to 113,000ft² (10,498m²) and enabling the facility to service more aircraft, including Global aircraft.
In your role, you will:
- Oversee the performance of all maintenance work packages, deliver on schedule and meet budget obligations for assigned aircraft, and serve as primary point of contact for customers during the maintenance process.
- Work with the general supervisor to manage customer schedules.
- Serve as the customer’s primary point of contact in daily communications, coordinating and follow-up for items such as time/labor/material quotes, preliminary invoices, progress updates, customer approval and debrief on work packages, resolution of squawks, and warranty issues. Upsell additional work to the customer.
- Perform project management duties for multiple aircraft to include the identification of potential risks and management of constraints. Price codes, work orders, reviews labor charges, builds, reviews and delivers pro forma invoice to the customer.
- Execute and maintain the schedule through aircraft delivery and follow-up. Monitor and oversee workflow to ensure the work package is on schedule and within budget, including shop floor efficiency.
- Facilitate status meetings with all departments and shops; update daily reports on status of aircraft.
- Assist and coordinate special programs (i.e. Smart Parts, ESP, MSP, Honeywell and Warranty) with Planning, Invoice Analysts and Materials.
- Review, approve and sign final customer invoice as needed (i.e. review margin analysis, warranty negotiations and revision of service orders.
- Perform post work package activities (i.e. customer follow-up calls, resolve customer issues after departure).
- Be responsible for meeting or exceeding facility financial objectives on all projects. Issue and collect DPRs, review payment terms with the customer.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a minimum five years of experience working in an aircraft maintenance environment or substantial similar experience.
- You have a minimum two years of customer project management experience or two years of supervisory or lead experience or substantial similar experience.
- You have a working knowledge of regulatory governance – FAA, EASA or Transport Canada, for example, Part 91, 121, 135 and 145.
- You have a working knowledge of aircraft maintenance inspection programs.
- You have a working knowledge of environmental, health and safety rules and regulations as they apply to workplace safety and environmental aspects of aircraft maintenance operations.
- You have the interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, all levels of the management team and other departments.
- You have the customer service skills necessary to modify communication, tone and presentation to defuse crisis situations with internal and external customers and maintain mutually beneficial customer relations.
- You have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- You have the planning and organization skills necessary to plan, prioritize and coordinate workload within a multiple project setting.
- You have the computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, project, email and web-based applications as well as operating systems used to manage the maintenance work.
- You have a four-year college degree – preferred.
- You have an A&P license or are otherwise appropriately certificated under FAR Part 65 – preferred.
- You have the ability to demonstrate strong leadership and coaching skills with the ability to develop people and build a strong team – preferred.
- You have working knowledge of SAP and Pivotal maintenance transactions – preferred.
- You have working knowledge with ISO/OHSAS management system and resources – preferred.
- You have basic acumen of accounting and budgeting principles necessary to read and interpret profit/loss statements, financial reports and meet financial objectives for assigned area and programs – preferred.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, national or local laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.