You will be part of the Product Development Engineering team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry into service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- Provide technical support for instrumentation electronic systems in BFTC
- Provide technical support for radio frequency and electronic systems supporting telemetry missions at BFTC
- Assist in calibrating, troubleshooting, repairing and performing functional tests on test equipment, gauges, physical measurement and/or prototype data acquisition instrumentation components, equipment and systems within BFTC
As our ideal candidate,
- You must be attending and have successfully completed a minimum of one year of an Electronic Associate’s degree or Electronics Technical Certificate program
- You have an understanding of lead acid and nickel cadmium battery technologies
- You have the ability to read and understand procedures, blueprints and schematics
- You have knowledge of electronics: analog and digital components and respective circuitry concepts
- You have knowledge of electromechanical operating concepts
- You have the computer skills necessary to operate word processing, spreadsheet
- You have knowledge of radio communication principles
- You have the ability to use general and specialized test equipment
- You have the ability to solder, build and test cable assemblies, fabricate electronic assemblies
- You have good verbal and written communication skills
- You have the physically ability to climb communication towers as needed
Job type: part-time, temporary
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, national or local laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.