Located at Bradley International Airport, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Hartford service centre offers a great place to learn. Established in February 1981, the now 198,000ft² (18,395m²) facility is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and AOG support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The service centre has received certifications from the FAA, EASA, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands and Mexico. The facility has received 19 consecutive FAA Diamond Awards and is actively involved in the Hartford community, spearheading programmes to create awareness about aviation maintenance among local students and to help close the gender gap in the industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for setting the standard to ensure industry-leading cabin experience and implementing marketing branding guidelines on demonstration aircraft. The position will require flying part of the time as an inflight coordinator, where you are responsible for the health and safety of passengers and all cabin passenger services on worldwide flying operations, in accordance with Bombardier policies and FAA regulations.
In your role, you will:
- Create and implement industry-leading standards to achieve best-in-class cabin experience.
- Implement key aircraft branding and marketing strategies.
- Be responsible for the training curriculum for all inflight services coordinators (IFCs), both to achieve best-in-class cabin experience and meet regulatory guidance.
- Ensure training, compliance and record keeping with all required safety functions for assigned IFCs, including managing medical, food safety, ground and inflight emergencies. You will have familiarity with FAA regulations.
- Keep abreast of the latest customer experience services, products and training.
- Perform inflight evaluations as needed, to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ensure that all IFCs can and will demonstrate cabin features and options to enhance the opportunities to upsell these features to customers.
- Adhere to general work requirements including extended travel assignments, long duty periods requiring trans-meridian flights and night hours. The schedule may require short-notice assignments.
- Vet contract IFCs through company staffing vendor(s) to ensure the highest standards of experience and ability; develop and perform indoctrination training on BBAD standard procedures to all IFCs, line and contract.
- Provide scheduling and training captain with a current listing of aircraft-specific IFC names and qualifications.
- Collect information on customer interests and preferences to provide sales or marketing with detailed information on current trends from unguarded customer comments and inflight requests.
- Establish communications with key completions people to facilitate feedback from customers on cabin design elements, cultural preferences and current trends.
- Provide detailed feedback to marketing on customer inputs and field experience of our demonstration efforts based on all recorded IFC experiences.
- Establish cabin inventory standards for manager of maintenance.
- Lay out the guidelines for the quantities, location and brands of the general inventory list for each aircraft type and spot check for quality standards.
- Maintain listing of cost-effective vendors of aircraft stock and preferred catering vendors to manage service costs within budget and provide detailed guidance for all IFCs.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a minimum of five years of business aircraft inflight services experience.
- You have a record of supervisory or management training and experience in aviation.
- You are fully trained in aviation safety and medical emergency by a recognised training programme.
- You have the ability to manage your expense claims.
- You have knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations.
- You must have the ability for unrestricted worldwide travel.
- You have the computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, email, iPad, cabin management systems and web-based applications.
- You have the verbal and interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and at all levels throughout the organisation.
- You have the presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade, and/or facilitate discussions with customers and all levels of management.
- You have the planning and organisational skills necessary to prioritise, assign, and coordinate the workload of assigned area and employees within a multiple project setting.
- You have the leadership skills necessary to make decisions with sound judgment, train and mentor employees for improved performance, and guide day-to-day operations successfully.
- You must be able to work in an environment subject to varying climatic conditions and varying levels of cabin pressurisation.
- You must be able to work 16 consecutive duty days, which may extend up to 18 hours, and cross as many as 12 times zones.
- You have the ability to handle inflight aircraft emergencies: loss of pressurisation; onboard fires and smoke; emergency evacuation; ditching.
- You have the ability to handle inflight medical emergencies: first aid; CPR; use of AED; coordination via satcom with ground-base doctor.
Additional desired/preferred qualifications:
- Strong preference will be given to those with aviation-related management experience or sales demonstration experience.
- Advanced customer service training.
- Advanced culinary course in food and wine service certificate.
- Additional languages.
- Trained in corporate etiquette by a recognised training programme.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, national or local laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
To apply for this job please visit bombardier.taleo.net.