Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Fort Lauderdale service centre was established February 1995. Located at Fort-Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, the facility is the winner of several FAA Diamond Awards. The 133,552ft² (12,407m²) facility is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations and aircraft on ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The service centre has received certifications from the FAA, EASA, Argentina, Aruba, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Mauritius, Mexico and Venezuela.
In your role, you will:
- Ensure the timely acquisition of the parts and materials needed to service customer aircraft by planning and forecasting part and material requirements and coordinating acquisition with internal and external suppliers and materials personnel.
- Locate and initiate the purchase of materials, tools and components via communication with internal and external sources and suppliers.
- Expedite the status of external and internal parts orders and purchase orders via communication with suppliers and inter-company operations.
- Identify and schedule critical paths and assign priorities.
- Attend meetings representing the department.
- Interface with supervisors and managers or other departments on critical material problems.
- Maintain shortage report to track orders and communicate status to management.
- Create and issue internal orders and other applicable documents to meet parts and materials requirements.
- Provide information to adjust discrepant orders/exception messages and cancel line items not received or returned to stock as needed.
- Create new part numbers for site-specific parts used and send part number requests to internal suppliers.
- Maintain accurate inventory of transactions using computerised inventory and manual filing systems.
- Determine priority items to ensure parts are delivered on time and readily accessible.
- Order and/or reorder materials, tools and ground support equipment with regard to aircraft delivery schedules as required.
- Identify alternate and superseded part numbers.
As our ideal candidate,
- You typically have three years of experience in aviation or a material/parts environment or other demonstrated equivalent experience.
- You have the planning and organisational skills necessary to prioritise and coordinate workload within a multiple project setting.
- You have the interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with the sales team, owners, outside counsel and other departments.
- You are familiar with HazMat shipments and regulations.
- You have at least one year of experience in inventory planning and procurement – preferred.
- You have APICS certification – preferred.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in purchasing, business, inventory management or related area – preferred.
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
To apply for this job please visit bombardier.taleo.net.