Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Wichita Service Center is located at the original Learjet manufacturing site in the Air Capital of the World. Its dedicated staff of nearly 250 is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, as well as interior modifications, avionics installations, paint and provide aircraft on ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. In April 2015, the facility expanded with an addition of 38,000ft² (3,530m²) of hangar space, bringing its total footprint to 113,000ft² (10,498m²) and enabling the facility to service more aircraft, including Global aircraft.
In your role, you will:
- Oversee the performance of all maintenance work packages for assigned aircraft and ensure adherence to planned versus actual hours and Repair Station Manual. Supervise assigned aircraft maintenance employees.
- Encourage and promote a safe work environment by supervising a safety/security program which includes operation of support equipment, aircraft systems, 5S, general housekeeping and lean manufacturing. Ensure that regular established safety/security audits are conducted and discrepancies are addressed.
- Perform supervisory responsibilities for assigned employees and area(s), for example, time card and vacation approvals, PMP and 30/60-day reviews, opportunities for professional development and training, personnel decisions concerning hire, fire, disciplinary issues, and salary adjustments, as well as employee schedules and leave.
- Assist with customers in daily communications, coordinating and follow-up for items such as time/labor/material quotes, preliminary invoices, progress updates, customer approval and debrief on work packages, resolution of squawks, and warranty issues. May be required to upsell additional work to customer.
- Supervise the performance of maintenance and service work packages for assigned aircraft. Per assigned shift, manage labor hours per work package for accuracy and efficiency.
- On assigned shift, execute and maintain schedule through aircraft delivery and follow-up. Monitor and oversee workflow to ensure work package is on schedule and within budget, including shop floor efficiency. Ensure that work is performed in accordance with Repair Station/Quality Manual, Site Operating Procedures and FARs.
- As required, submit requests for engineering support (REDs, RFEs, SRPSAs and installs) in direct support of operations for all product lines.
- Support all teams (i.e. Quality, Invoice Analysts, Line Service, Materials) in returning aircraft to service after maintenance.
- May be required to act on behalf of project manager during absence (business aircraft only)
- Have the working knowledge to assist and coordinate special programs (i.e. Smart Parts, ESP, MSP, Honeywell and Warranty) with Planning, Invoice Analysts and Materials. (business aircraft only)
- Review final customer invoice as needed (i.e. review margin analysis, warranty negotiations and revision of service orders (SVOs). (business aircraft only, approve and sign).
- Be responsible for meeting or exceeding facility financial objectives on all projects. May be required to issue and collect DPRs, review payment terms with customer.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a minimum of two years of experience in performing aircraft heavy/line maintenance.
- You have a minimum of one year of supervisory or two years of lead experience.
- You have an A&P license or are otherwise appropriately certificated under FAR Part 65.
- You have working knowledge of applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, for example, Part 91, 121, 135 and 145.
- You have working knowledge of aircraft maintenance inspection programs for jet aircraft.
- You have working knowledge of environmental, health and safety rules and regulations as they apply to workplace safety and environmental aspects of aircraft maintenance operations.
- You have the interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, all levels of the management team and other departments.
- You have the customer service skills necessary to modify communication, tone and presentation to defuse crisis situations with internal and external customers and maintain mutually beneficial customer relations.
- You demonstrate strong leadership and coaching skills with the ability to develop people and build a strong team.
- You have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- You have the training skills necessary to provide employee training.
- You have the planning and organization skills necessary to plan, prioritize and coordinate the workload of assigned employees within a multiple project setting.
- You have the computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, project, email and web-based applications as well as other operating systems used to manage the maintenance work.
- You are able to work second or third shift.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, national or local laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.