With an average of more than 300 sunny days per year, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Tucson service center is surrounded by stunning mountain ranges and desert landscapes. As the largest of Bombardier’s service centers, the facility services both commercial and business aircraft, boasting more than 1,000,000ft² (92,903m²) of total hangar space.
Located at Tucson International Airport, the 247,000ft² (22,947m²) Business Aircraft facility’s dedicated team is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, and aircraft on ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The service center has received certifications from the FAA, EASA, Argentina (military), Bermuda, Cayman Islands, China, Hong Kong, India, Mexico and Saudi Arabia.
Bombardier currently has an exciting opportunity available for an A&P Technician based in Tucson, Arizona.
In your role, you will:
- Adhere to Bombardier’s general work requirements for factory, shop and or hangar positions
- Comply with environmental health and safety policies and procedures
- Participate in 5-S activities
- Perform all work in a safe and timely manner
- Troubleshoot, repair, install, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft
- Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Perform mechanical/electrical removals and installations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- May assist other maintenance disciplines
- May assist with fueling and/or de-fueling of aircraft
- May assist with engine removal/installation
- May assist with aircraft component repair
As our ideal candidate,
- You have an A&P certificate
- You typically have a minimum of 0-2 years’ aircraft maintenance work experience or substantiated equivalent experience
- You have the ability to read and understand electrical engineering drawings
- You have the ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and/or aircraft status
- You have your own basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate inventory and control of tools
- You have the ability to obtain appropriate ground support equipment (GSE) qualifications as required
- You are able to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
- You are able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- You have the ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge
- You have experience on corporate jet aircraft/commercial aircraft – preferred
- You have basic PC skills – preferred
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, national or local laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.